To grow and survive in the Texas heat, plants have to be tough. But amidst all of the spikey, thorny, exotic plants, there are flowers that thrive with flavors and aromas so delicate, they provide a refreshing counter to the intensity of the sun. My goal in designing this gin was to highlight that dichotomy. This gin is truly an outlier.
Oils responsible for the aromas we typically associate with flowers are extremely delicate and volatile - those oils distill easily. However, the foul, vegetal aromas we typically associate with dying flowers are also really easy to distill. It takes a lot of patience and precision to dial in a process the brings the good oils into the product, and leaves the bad ones behind. This gin is the result.
- Texas-grown Yellow Dent Corn
- Texas-grown Soft Red Winter Wheat
- Our Secret Botanical Blend
What to Expect
- Nose: Delicate floral character is at the forefront, supported perfectly by the coolness of rosemary and the sweetness of juniper.
- Palate: Ever so delicate, the light sweetness of hibiscus gives way to the herbal and cool flavor of rosemary in the middle. Juniper and coriander are the largest components by weight, but are distilled in a way to enhance Hibiscus and Rosemary – they're the stars of this gin.